Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July Playlist

When I'm not interviewing someone or writing an article, I'm usually in the studio jamming out to music and saying nonsense into a microphone. I'm a radio deejay on a Top 40 station called Utah's VFX (94.5 & 98.3). Since I'm obviously passionate about music, I thought it would be a fun thing to incorporate it into my personal blog. I'm going to start putting together a month-by-month playlist of some songs that I'm loving! ALSO, even though I'm a deejay on a Top 40 station, I feel like I have pretty diverse taste in music. I love all kinds of genres from all different eras. Like, if you didn't know, I'm a huge 80s big hair band fan. My parents' taste in music may or may not have rubbed off on me ;). Without further ado, here is a list of songs that I will probably be listening to nonstop through the month of July!
July Playlist 

1. Let You Go - The Chainsmokers (feat. Great Good Fine Ok)
I'm obsessed to say the least. For me, this is one of those songs that I just get a natural high from. I crank up the volume in my car when it comes on and I just feel invincible. Definitely a fun one to run to as well. Add it to your workout playlist. 

2. Motorcycle Drive By - Third Eye Blind
Third Eye Blind Radio is probably my top played station on Pandora. I love me some Third Eye Blind. And I think this song is super underrated. When I listen to it, I feel sad but also really hopeful. "I've never been so alone, but I've never been so alive." I'm a sucker for good lyrics, fyi. 

3. Warriors - The Str!ke 
The Str!ke is a band based out of Provo, Utah. I'd heard of them before but just never taken the time to listen to any of their music. Boy, that was a mistake. They put on an outdoor concert during Summerfest here in Logan a few weekends ago. Brian and I jammed out to their music the entire time. Warriors was our favorite of the night. 

4. Thunderstruck - AC/DC  
If you don't approve of this song, I'm seriously worried about you. Another one for the workout mix. 

5. Fire Under My Feet - Leona Lewis 
Leona disappeared for a little while. She recently came back with this single and it is catchy, upbeat and full of soul. Another one from my running playlist. My music of choice lately is anything that motivates me to run because, hello, I'm training for a marathon (I'm crazy). 

6. Definitely Maybe - FM Static 
This was a favorite of mine from my high school days, and I just recently rediscovered it. The desperate cry of a man trying to win over the girl who has a jerk for a boyfriend. Sad situation, but really fun song. My favorite line: "I saw what really happened all those times he went for water, when we were at the movie theater watching Harry Potter."  

7. New Romantics - Taylor Swift 
I'll never understand how this song only made it on the 1989 album as an extra. It's one of my favorites from her new stuff. I love the techno/80s feel it has and the lyrics are so smart (but smart lyrics are kinda Taylor's forte). Favorite line: "Baby, I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me." 

8. I Need Your Love - Shaggy (feat. Mohombi, Faydee & Costi) 
This song screams summer for me. And every time it comes on while driving, I instantly start car dancing. Another good running song.

9. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac 
Give me this song, a swimsuit, a body of water, and a package of Chips Ahoy cookies already. I'm a big fan of Fleetwood Mac, especially this song as of late. 

10. Ship To Wreck - Florence + The Machine 

When the new Florence + The Machine album came out, I immediately bought it. I've had a girl crush on Florence for years now. I think her voice is incredible. This song is one of my favorites off the new album. Listen to it. Now. 
Hope you had a terrific July 4th weekend. I spent mine barbecuing with family, watching several firework shows, going down a giant slip 'n slide, and paddle boarding to my little heart's content. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day. Leave a comment.